Culinary Skills

Cooking is undoubtedly an art which requires a lot of intuition besides everything else. Here, on this blog, I will share my style of cooking which I have learnt from many sources.

So, here I am inviting all my friends and other people around the globe to share their recipes and cooking tips. And I promise that its going to be an exciting journey.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Chatpata Sandwich

This is my desi style of making sandwiches, I just love it. Try it out...

You will need couple of slices of bread, (in fact for this sandwich I use special Cyprus sesame loaf and also I have tried with bran bread...it awesome, you feel forget that you are eating bran, if nothing any bread will do), some mayonnaise, in fact initially I have started making with labenah (Thick creamy cheese, often spiced and used as a dip) which is available widely in the middle east. Then you need some onions, sliced horizontally(like long strips), tomatoes again sliced in long and thin manner, coriander finely chopped with some green hot chillies also finely chopped. some desi ghee or butter to toast it on the flat pan.

Mix sliced onions, tomatoes, chopped coriander and chillies with some seasoning of crushed black pepper, salt to taste. Then spread labenah or mayonnaise on the bread, be generous with it and on both the sides. Add the mixture in good quantity in the sandwich and then toast from both the sides on medium flame, on the flat pan with slight brushing of desi ghee or butter (not much but if added more it will enhance the taste).
Variation-You can spread some coriander-mint chutney over labenah or mayonnaise on one side of the and extra-hot Maggie chilly sauce on the other slice of bread.

This dish will certainly add flavour to you Sunday mornings and give you a kick in the picnics.

No comments: